Banyan Global is recruiting an International Senior Level Gender Consultant to conduct a USAID Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Costing Study to inform USAID/Guatemala’s 2019-2024 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The study will go hand-in-hand with a gender assessment that Banyan Global will also be conducting for USAID/Guatemala. The consultant will travel to Guatemala for 4-5 weeks to conduct the study.
- Travel to Guatemala and work within a team of national gender experts to conduct the GBV Costing Study;
- Prepare an Inception Report that would include a review of existing data on GBV prevalence in Guatemala, international best practices on GBV costing methodologies;
- Prepare a detailed GBV study work plan, which would include a proposed methodology for the costing study and any necessary documentation for an internal review board (IRB) approval of the study methodology;
- Conduct in-country key informant interviews and presentation of study findings to USAID and project staff;
- Co-author the findings, conclusions, and recommendations for the report and presentation;
- Draft the final report, make revisions based on USAID and Banyan Global feedback, and submit the Final Report;
- The Senior-Level GBV Expert will work under the overall supervision of a Senior-Level Team Leader who will provide leadership on the GBV Costing Study and Gender Assessment.
- At least ten years of experience in GBV service provision, research, and costing;
- At least 2-3 years of experience in gender-responsive budgeting;
- Previous training in interviewing GBV survivors and/or designing data collection instruments to target GBV survivors and service providers;
- Previous experience in preparing IRB board requests, and with ethical research protocols, per World Health Organization guidelines;
- Previous experience with the development and implementation of GBV costing methodologies, including the development of qualitative and quantitative research instruments;
- Master’s Degree in sociology, anthropology, economics, or relevant social science field;
- Excellent speaking and writing Spanish and English skills required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org