Jhpiego seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to provide project and technical guidance for an upcoming USAID-funded family planning and maternal, neonatal, child health (FP/MNCH) project in the Philippines. The project will operate over a five-year period.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the DCOP will work closely with technical implementation teams to ensure the project is progressing towards expected results. S/he will also work with M&E staff to ensure project deliverables are monitored and course corrections are identified and implemented as appropriate. Other responsibilities will include supervising project management or operational staff, overseeing annual work planning, leading the design, implementation and reporting of project activities, and the management of projects as required. In the absence of the Chief of Party, the DCOP may be required to undertake the responsibilities of that position on a temporary basis.
- Provide day-to-day technical and programmatic oversight for design, planning and implementation of activities in support of the project goals and objectives;
- Foster relationships with local implementing partners as a representative of Jhpiego and the project;
- Facilitate the project team member’s relationship with their designated counterparts within USAID, the Ministry of Health as well as private sector partners and other key stakeholders in the Philippines to ensure effective technical assistance and the smooth implementation of activities;
- Provide technical leadership and ensure the quality and sustainability of interventions;
- Represent Jhpiego and the project’s progress, achievements and lessons learned to donors, other key stakeholders, and through meetings, conferences, and presentations;
- Facilitate annual work planning, in close collaboration with USAID, Ministry of Health, COP, project team and project partners;
- Contribute to the mentoring, and managing a team of highly qualified staff and aligns their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results;
- Oversee technical and programmatic capacity building for subcontractors and subgrantees;
- Responsible for development of accurate and timely project reports to USAID, in line with USAID reporting requirements.
- Advanced Degree in public health, health administration, public administration, business administration; MD or RN preferred;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a mid-to-senior management (project administrative and financial) position for large (approximately $5M per year), complex, multi-year international health sector development projects that have implemented successful activities in FP/MNCH;
- In-depth knowledge of USAID’s regulations, compliance and reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to provide oversight of local capacity development efforts, including working with local partners to ensure adherence to all sub-award requirements;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in financial planning and management, human resources, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions;
- Previous direct supervisory experience of project technical and operational staff;
- Expertise in research to practice—identifying best practices and adapting them to project realities;
- Previous experience working in the Philippines, with intimate understanding of the local health system and FP/MNCH gaps and opportunities, and solid relationships with government agencies;
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English; knowledge of Filipino is a plus;
- Experience developing strategic plans in cooperation with others who represent a wide range of interests and needs;
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical and operational capacity of staff in regional and national projects;
- Ability to interact with established networks of senior level international health professionals, donors, universities and other partners;
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, team-building, and representational skills;
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org