- Currently have an opening for a PKI Analyst to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program.
- This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission.
- IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department.
- Program is named "Vanguard" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department of State servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
- This is a junior- level position within the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program Security Operations Service Line, acting as a PKI Analyst.
- The position directly supports DoS on- site in the Washington area, and at overseas Posts as required.
- The position primarily supports the end user PKI deployment within the Department of State, Systems Integrity Division.
Description of Duties:
- Serving as PKI Registration Authority (RA) which is responsible for creating, recovering, and revoking PKI credentials for both OpenNet and ClassNet systems.
Providing Customer Service
- Supporting PKI related service at IRM IT Mart for walk-in customers.
- Conducting face-to-face user validation for the issuance of PKI certificates.
- Issuing Smart Cards containing PKI Certificates.
- Training end users in the operation of the PKI hardware and software.
- Providing telephony help support for PKI.
Maintaining training, process and procedural documentation
- Reviewing and updating Installation, Training and User Guide documentation.
- Training security officers, network administrators, and Local Registration Authorities (LRAs) in the operations and security of the PKI program.
- Supporting Foreign Service Institute (FSI) in the development, review and implementation of the PKI training courses.
- Developing and improving the process for the installation of appropriate PKI/BLADE hardware, software, and other required, but non-PKI software packages.
Support deployment activities
- Maintaining the PKI deployment project plan. Coordinating deployment logistics.
- Traveling worldwide to diplomatic facilities, government sites and other locations as required installing PKI end user peripherals, such as Smartcard readers and biometric devices.
- Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active) with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Extensive experience with the following applications: Web- based applications, Microsoft Office software such as Outlook and BMC Remedy Help Desk Ticket Tracker.
- Proficient with the Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Security + Certification.
- ITIL ® Foundation Certification.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
- Proficient in creating and issuing end user accounts and credentials within the Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org