Position: Finance Assistant – Part time (18-20h/week)
Duration: 1 year
Remuneration: According to EuroMed Rights salary scale, reimbursement of public transport, lunch vouchers, medical insurance and group pension fund
Application deadline: 15/04/2018
EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit a motivated and professional Finance Assistant. The position would be a one-year fixed-term contract with the possibility of renewal on a permanent contract.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
- Work under the overall supervision of the Director of the Administration, Human Resource and Finance Department based in Copenhagen;
- Is responsible for the implementation of the tasks related to book-keeping/finances, including:
- Bookkeeping of expenses using internal appropriate grant coding structure with special focus on EU Grants;
- Undertake month-end reconciliations of bank, petty cash, debtors, creditors and salaries;
- Draft financial reports to be forwarded to the Finance Officer based in Copenhagen;
- Compile and send to the Finance Officer monthly cash flow requests for Brussels office;
- Ensure administrative procedures are adhered to – in close corporation with administrative assistant.
- Work closely with Project Finance Controller on donor reporting;
- Participate in the budget preparations.
- Finance or accounting degree or similar education or experience;
- Minimum 3 years of professional accounting and finance experience in a NGO or NGO-like organisation working with donor-funded programs – preferably in a EU context;
- Knowledge of EU Grant policies and procedures is an asset;
- Languages: Proficient spoken and written English and French;
- Proficiency with financial accounting software, preferably Navision 2013;
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Internet);
- Capacity to keep strict deadlines;
- Be self-motivated and, efficient and well organised.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) by Sunday 15 April 2018 to Marie Picalausa, Senior Human Resource Officer.
Interviews will take place end of April. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org