ENNHRI is looking for a trainee to support its communications and advocacy work for six months.
The candidate will play an important role in ENNHRI’s daily work, with a focus on ENNHRI communications and advocacy. He/She will assist the Communications Officer in the management of the online communication channels, and in the production of internal and external newsletters and other publications, as needed. The work will entail regular development and updating of the contents for both website and social media, as well as the collection, drafting and distribution of news items for internal and external newsletters. Furthermore, the trainee will assist with the events organisation and promotion and updating of ENNHRI’s photo gallery and other databases and will have the opportunity to contribute to ENNHRI’s knowledge management work.
Main duties and tasks
- Drafting/updating of content on ENNHRI website and social media channels maintenance of website and members area communication tools;
- Development and distribution of ENNHRI mailings (newsletters);
- Social media development – creating, managing and growing the organization’s presence through Twitter, LinkedIn and other strategically relevant online media;
- Content creation – writing interviews, newsletters, communications materials (e.g. fact-sheets, infographics), and producing engaging material for social media channels (text and images);
- Organisation of internal and external events, including preparation of event communications packages;
- Monitoring – media monitoring on relevant issues for the network;
- Maintenance of contact databases and other knowledge management tasks;
- Carrying out of general administrative tasks including contact, photos and database management, information requests, data protection issues and other related activities.
A training contract at ENNHRI will support the successful candidate in developing their skills for entering the workplace. Given the high level of competition for the traineeship, we have set out below some skills that would help you get the most out of a communications traineeship at ENNHRI.
- Enthusiasm to learn and work in a small team;
- Academic or professional experience in communication, human rights, European studies, international relations, or a relevant field;
- Excellent command of English, including excellent writing skills;
- Experience with social media management;
- Knowledge and experience of working with Content Management Systems; and
- Knowledge of and a commitment to human rights.
- Knowledge and experience of producing graphic content (InDesign, photoshop…);
- Knowledge of the data protection legislation;
- Previous experience with knowledge management; and
- Experience of membership organisations.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org