Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the upcoming USAID Guatemala Justice and Transparency Project. The purpose of the project is to strengthen security and justice sector institutions so that they can more effectively and efficiently investigate, prosecute, and adjudicate crime to reduce impunity in Guatemala. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical and managerial leadership of the program, ensuring an integrated, results-focused vision among different components and actors;
- Identify challenges and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, suggest appropriate program adjustments, and offer solutions in a complex development environment;
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID on daily implementation and technical matters;
- Foster collaborative relationships with government counterparts, donor organizations, and local and regional partners;
- Ensure that all assistance is technically sound and appropriate;
- Supervise and build capacity of technical and administrative staff.
- Minimum of 10 years of senior management experience with progressively increasing responsibilities managing democracy and governance, rule of law, institutional change, or other politically sensitive and complex projects;
- Experience working with senior government officials and building consensus among diverse actors;
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing a complex program in the field;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and build the capacity of staff; experience managing USAID projects preferred;
- Minimum of five years of experience in a development context within Latin America, preferably in the Northern Triangle;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Proficiency in Spanish and English required.
Please submit an electronic version of your CV and cover letter with the position title in the subject line by April 13, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org