The mission of Amazon Global Security Operations is to mitigate security and operational risks to our associates, physical assets, and brand. Amazon is looking for a detail-oriented Crisis Operations Manager (COM) at Amazon’s North American Regional Operations Center (NA-ROC) in Phoenix, Arizona. Please note, this job will be moving to Goodyear, AZ as of June 2018. The US-ROC is one of three mutually supporting regional operation centers that comprise our Global Support Communication Center function within Amazons Global Security Operations team.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Security Risk Analysts (SRAs) at the US-ROC that provide regionalized crisis management and workplace violence triage, coordination, and facilitation; security risk monitoring and analysis; intelligence reporting and analysis, project development and deployment, and alarm monitoring services for our European-Middle East and African operations.
The Crisis Operations Manager (COM) supports the site manager and team, taking managerial ownership of their shift and be responsible for ensuring performance service level agreements (SLAs) are met, that responses are appropriate according to policies and procedures, and for developing and motivating a high performing team. The COM must also deal effectively with ambiguity and make response related decisions sometimes with incomplete information in the interests of Amazon.
The successful candidate must have a proven record of effective leadership capabilities, be innovative and creative when working to solve problems, and demonstrate good judgment while under pressure. They will also be able to operate autonomously, use discretion when dealing with sensitive and critical information, and apply sound business principles and data analysis to identify problems and initiate actions to address them. The COM will be will be required to work variable shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- 3+ years of working in a security, IT, or emergency operations center
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Track record of creative problem solving, and the desire to create and build new processes
- Strong time management and multitasking skills as well as attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to concisely and effectively address questions while providing subject matter expertise on policy to associates and management across diverse sites
- Highly proficient in using multiple software applications simultaneously (software multi-tasking)
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Workplace Incident Management (workplace violence), Emergency Response, Crisis Management, Resilience methodologies, and Business Continuity practices
- Proven ability to accurately take decisive action based on available information in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of National and European Emergency Planning procedures such as the Community Mechanism for Civil Protection
- Excellent grasp of MS Office Suite and programs to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, InfoPath, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience in balancing stress and workload to ensure success and continuity of operations
- Project management skills and experience
- Ability to speak and write English to a good standard (to IELTS Band 6 or above; or equivalent) and at least one additional European language (German, Italian, French, Polish, Spanish, Czech)
- Willingness to be active in the training, coaching, and development of their team
- Diploma, associate or college degree/courses in related field (Intelligence, International Relations/Law, IT, Criminal Justice, Political Science, Crisis Management, etc.)
- Military/intelligence/law enforcement/geopolitical risk analysis experience
- Experience managing in a security operations center type environment
- Experience generating intelligence reports and analysis
- Experience with Lenel or other access control systems
- Project Management experience/certification
- Possession of any of the following certifications (or equivalent): Certified Protection
- Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), Certified Business Continuity
- Professional (CBCP), Project Management Professional (PMP), Member of Business Continuity
- Institute (MBCI), or Certified Emergency Manager (CEM), etc.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org