Promundo-US, an international non-governmental organization based in Washington D.C., is a global leader in promoting gender justice and preventing violence by engaging men and boys to transform harmful gender norms and unequal power dynamics that prevent the empowerment of women and girls.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Promundo-US seeks a full-time Program Officer to work on its growing international programs portfolio by supporting new and ongoing projects, especially but not exclusively in the area of Conflict & Security. More generally, as part of the Program Team, duties include:
· Providing management and technical assistance to Promundo-US international projects on our gender-transformative methodologies (primarily programs, but also small research projects, as applicable);
· Providing technical expertise on curriculum and program intervention design and development;
· Developing and / or providing inputs and feedback on technical materials (e.g. curricula, project proposals and annual reports);
· Liaising with country partners and consultants, as relevant, to design, implement, budget, and report on programming;
· Developing monitoring and evaluation systems for programs, including adapting indicators, measurement tools, and liaising with the Research Team on analysis and report writing;
· Monitoring project implementation to ensure that activities proceed along the agreed timetable, results are documented and reports to funders submitted in a timely manner
· Organizing and implementing training workshops in the use of Promundo’s methodologies and approaches;
· Supporting the development and implementation of annual operational plans and budget for programs in collaboration with the Director of Programs and VP of Programs and Research;
· Supervising, as applicable, junior level staff and consultants;
· Contributing to relevant contract negotiations, as well as developing, managing and monitoring budgets and expenses related to the project to ensure that activities remain within budget;
· Developing proposals in collaboration with the VP of Advocacy and Partnerships and the VP of Programs and Research;
· Presenting Promundo’s work at seminars and events globally.
Founded in Brazil in 1997, Promundo works to promote gender equality and create a world free from violence by engaging men and boys in partnership with women and girls. Promundo is a global consortium with members in the United States, Brazil, Portugal, and Democratic Republic of the Congo that collaborate to achieve this mission by conducting cutting-edge research that builds the knowledge base on masculinities and gender equality; developing, evaluating, and scaling up high-impact gender-transformative interventions and programs; and carrying out national and international campaigns and advocacy initiatives to prevent violence and promote gender justice. For more information, see: www.promundoglobal.org.
About the Position
Based in Washington, DC, the Program Officer will report to the Director of Programs and work with a dynamic team of seventeen other staff plus consultants. The position is full time and requires up to 40% travel. The position includes full health insurance, four weeks of paid leave, and retirement benefits. Salary is $65,000-$80,000 per annum depending on salary history and experience. Proposed starting date is Monday, May 14 2018.
Required Qualifications and Skills
· Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g. MPH, MA in Gender Studies), preferably with a track record of applied coursework in monitoring and evaluation, project management, data analysis, and other relevant skills
· Fluency in a second language – French and/or Arabic is preferred
· Experience in post-conflict and/or humanitarian settings a plus, as having worked abroad in the Middle East and North Africa and/or West Africa region
· A minimum of three years’ work experience and a track record of success in program development, and technical assistance/program delivery in the field of gender equality.
· Experience developing evidence-informed theories of change for programs, developing gender training curricula
· Basic quantitative and qualitative research skills
· A minimum of three years’ experience and a track record of success in project and budget management
· Excellent English writing skills with a keen eye for detail
· Excellent facilitation and training skills, particularly in international settings
· Ability to handle high pressure and stress, ability to improvise, adapt and be flexible
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to address complex relationships and projects with kind diplomacy
· Honesty and reliability
· Sense of humor
· Experience in working internationally in conflict and post-conflict settings.
· Experience in working on issues related to conflict and security.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. In compliance with Promundo’s Child Safeguarding Policy, the selected candidate will be subject to a background check.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The position includes full health insurance, four weeks of paid leave, and retirement benefits. Salary is $65,000-$80,000 per annum depending on salary history and experience.
To apply, please send the following documents as one single PDF file no later than Wednesday, April 25:
2. Cover letter
3. Writing sample in English
4. Two professional references
Please write “Program Officer” as the subject heading.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org