Global Policy, Environmental Sustainability & Social Impact Summer Intern
The Public Policy & International Affairs intern will receive an introduction to the Coca-Cola way to conduct public affairs; understanding of the role of international government relations in bringing together stakeholders to discuss public policy issues and develop partnerships; exposure to the methodology for conducting economic impact studies which measure the direct and indirect employment contribution from the Coca-Cola system, as well as an understanding of how countries' fiscal policy directly relates to their ability to attract foreign direct investment.
Function Specific Activities:
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
The intern will help coordinate the research and data collection for the economic impact studies and fiscal policy work in collaboration with the Company's local teams and the academic institution, as well as other Company departments, such as Corporate Tax or Corporate Scientific and Regulatory Affairs. The intern will participate in the development and presentation of economic modelling to demonstrate the effects of tax increases and/or reductions on the Coca-Cola system's investment, country economic indicators and Finance Ministry revenue collection.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma. This opportunity is open to Undergraduate rising seniors and first year Graduate students
Related Work Experience: Minimum 1 year of work experience in a relevant or related field.
- Candidates must ensure the protection of confidential and sensitive information, and possess strong communication skills and business etiquette. They will frequently interact with internal executives, associates and external stakeholders.
- Candidates must also have a demonstrated proficiency for collaboration, attention to both big picture and details and strong organizational skills. Candidates must have demonstrated results in creating effective routines in a fast paced, high volume environment to enable their principals and key stakeholders to achieve Company objectives and repeat successes.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org