PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
With dedicated staff members across five countries and collaborators in several others, the Advocacy and Public Policy team influences policy and priority setting processes at the global, national and subnational levels. PATH’s advocacy focuses on ensuring decision-makers have the right support and information to make evidence-based decisions to improve the health of vulnerable populations around the globe.
The Sr. Program Assistant will support efforts across a broad range of administrative activities, including direct support to the Vice President and selected cross-Advocacy & Public Policy meetings/efforts. The Vice President of Policy and Advocacy is part of the leadership of PATH’s Global Engagement and Communications Division and provides leadership, direction and oversight to PATH’s Advocacy and Public Policy efforts.
· Overall management responsibility for the VP’s calendar and schedule, including identification of issues, selecting participants, prioritization, and collecting and disseminating background and follow up information.
· Serve as the primary administrative contact for the VP and Advocacy & Public Policy team, handling confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
· Provide a project management focus to integrating key deliverables for the VP and Advocacy & Public Policy team. Establish and manage approaches to ensure on time delivery.
· Plan and manage domestic and international travel for the VP and occasionally for other members of the Advocacy & Public Policy team by working with PATH's travel agent and internal travel management teams. Complete required documentation prior to travel and submission of travel expenses following trip completion.
· Provide support to the VP in setting agendas, taking notes and following up on meetings as well as identifying and solving problems and basic project planning and management, working closely with other members of the APP leadership team.
· Schedule, organize, set-up, attend, and support regular and ad hoc meetings with the Advocacy & Public Policy team and other members of the PATH community.
· Support meetings, events, and video/teleconferences across time zones, including preparation of meeting materials and optimal use of audio/video communication technologies.
· Manage and update the Advocacy & Public Policy SharePoint sites and contact management system and maintain team archives and files in Box.
· Assist with information gathering, preparation, editing, review and production of various communications materials to ensure quality, including internal/external correspondence, PowerPoint Presentations, proposals, reports and other materials as required.
· Engage as a partner to other assistants in APP and across PATH in assuring efficient coordination of leadership schedules, meetings, deliverables, etc.
· Coordinate other events as needed.
· Provide other administrative support to the VP and Advocacy & Public Policy team as needed.
Required skills and experience:
· Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Plus a minimum of 1-3 years of directly related experience including responsibility for directly supporting a senior manager in a complex organization or international organization preferred, may be an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have experience working in a professional environment.
· Experience working with colleagues at a distance a plus.
· Strong organizational skills and composure needed to work within a fast-paced work environment, including proven ability to prioritize competing demands effectively and adapt easily and quickly to changing priorities.
· Strongly demonstrated interpersonal skills and diplomacy, coupled with sound judgment and problem-solving capabilities.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent team player who can engage in ways that enable and continuously improve overall team efficiency.
· Collaborative working style with the ability to independently and proactively initiate and coordinate projects across departments within a large organization.
· High level of attention to detail and ability to work well under deadlines.
· High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Excellent computer skills using MS Office Suite required, including high-level proficiency in creating and editing documents in Word and PowerPoint, creating and maintaining SharePoint sites, and operating all aspects of Skype for Business (SFB).
· Ability to create and maintain tracking and data management systems and version control.
· Demonstrated ability to work with virtual teams, including effective use of SFB, Skype, web conferencing, video-conferencing and teleconferencing.
· Appreciation for challenges of managing across multiple time zones.
· Interest in global development/health and advocacy.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org