The post holder will work across the Trade Policy and EU Legislation & Engagement teams focusing on and building expertise in international agreements and building capability across DHSC on trade policy and EU issues.
The role will suit a bright individual with an interest in foreign affairs and offers the opportunity to shape the direction of DHSC policy in an increasingly important area of work across government.
Key accountabilities for the role:
• Supporting and co-ordinating work on international agreements, working with internal and arm’s length body (ALB) colleagues on maintaining the repository to track progress and leading responses to requests for updates and legal checks from FCO, Department for Exiting the EU (DExEU) and the Department for International Trade (DIT).
• Supporting team leaders to build capability and share knowledge of trade and EU issues across DHSC and ALBs.
• Build excellent relationships with policy and colleagues in other government departments, in particular with DIT, FCO and DExEU, demonstrating a professional and collaborative attitude.
• Represent the Department in cross-Whitehall meetings, working closely with policy leads to ensure DHSC positions are clearly articulated.
• Acting as deputy for the team leaders, communicating Departmental priorities to internal and external colleagues, providing guidance where required.
• Building understanding and knowledge of trade policy and the departmental policy areas affected by trade.
• Leading on specific pieces of work relating to EU Presidency priorities and on work related to the UK parliamentary scrutiny process of EU business.
Key requirements for the role:
• Experience of briefing ministers and/or other senior stakeholders;
• Experience of policy work and the legislative process;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Experience of working with stakeholders;
• The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org