China Daily USA is seeking an experienced reporter for its New York office. The qualified candidates will produce daily news stories about the US and China, feature stories and in-depth stories.
- Follow the latest news events relating to China-US relations, with a focus on business but not limited to business.
- Pitch story ideas and keep supervisors advised about stories you are working on and your progress in completing them.
- Attend the weekly planning meeting and present story ideas for yourself and others.
- Finish all assignments on time, some assignments require taking video.
- Commit to the daily Monday through Friday work schedule of approximately 9:30 am to 6 pm, and be willing if necessary by news events to work outside those days and hours.
- Be willing to take other assignments from supervisors.
- At least three years' experience with a daily newspaper or newswire covering hard news;
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, media or communications;
- Demonstrated reporting and writing skills, including a flair for features;
- Experience in covering business/financial news;
- Good knowledge of international news and financial markets, particularly the US and China;
- Ability to generate story ideas;
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment;
- A willingness to work varied hours if required by news coverage;
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed;
- Legal work authorization in the United States.
This is a full-time position. The company will offer salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and a resume to [email protected] with “NY Reporter” in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org