Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming USAID-funded program in Afghanistan. The overall goal of the Afghanistan Competitiveness for Export-Oriented Businesses Program is to support and enhance the market-driven growth of Afghan SMEs associated with export-oriented value chains and enterprise clusters in Afghanistan. This will be achieved through a direct technical and in-kind support of leading afghan exporters and relevant supply/value chain. The DCOP supports the Chief of Party (COP), acts for the COP as needed, and carries out any other tasks assigned by the COP to ensure proper management of the Contract.
Reporting & Supervision:
The DCOP works under the leadership of the COP and supports the COP in appropriate technical and coordination aspects of program.
- The DCOP will oversee all aspects of project implementation through direct supervision of its project components, as directed by the COP;
- The DCOP will provide support to the Chief of Party (COP) in representational programmatic, strategic development and quality control duties; and liaise with USAID and government stakeholders to respond to their informational, data and monitoring requirements;
- Support the management and supervision of staff;
- Assist in the formulation of annual work plans, in cooperation with the Chief of Party, other project staff, USAID, and the GoIRA;
- Develop and deliver reports and written documentation related to technical activities to be reported to USAID, including weekly, quarterly and annual reports, and all relevant project deliverables.
- At least a Masters’ degree in business, economics, international development, agriculture, trade, or other relevant field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- Minimum ten years implementing complex economic growth assistance projects in developing countries; of which five years was overseas in a management position that involved supervising staff, and of which one year must be working experience in/on fragile or post-conflict states;
- Minimum five-years’ experience in value chain development, agribusiness and related sectors, agricultural value chains, private sector development, MSMEs strengthening, trade facilitation, export promotion, agriculture, or related field, ideally in support of donor-funded programming;
- Previous experience in private sector agriculture, agribusiness, export, trade, marketing, or other related sectors highly preferred;
- Experience effectively integrating gender and youth programming into development programs;
- Experience working collaboratively with host country governments and the local private sector, and coordinating activities with those of other donors;
- Experience managing culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures; and
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills; local Afghan language fluency highly desired.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org