Deadline for applications: Sunday 15 April 2018
Interviews of selected candidates: Friday 27 April 2018
Purpose of the job:
Curate, edit, translate and publish content on the European Web Site on Integration (EWSI). Since 2009, EWSI has served as the European Commission’s unique one-stop resource point for practitioners working on integration issues, both in governmental and non-governmental organisations. The website features:
- A collection of good practices, presented in a clear and comparable way;
- An online library of key documents (legislation, policy papers, conference reports, etc.);
- Daily updated news and upcoming events;
- Information related to European, national and private funding opportunities;
- Country sheets summarising the integration governance and indicators in each Member State.
Starting Date: Monday 7 May 2018
Duration: Four days-per-week for an undetermined duration
Supervisor: Paola Mikaba, EWSI Content Manager and MPG Content Strategist
- Edit and translate content submitted by a network of national integration experts based on agreed editorial guidelines and publish them on the EWSI;
- Occasionally draft articles on EU level development on migrant integration;
- Coordinate larger translations with external service providers;
- Assist other MPG staff in researching and drafting of the EWSI’s analytical publications;
- Assist the Content Manager in crafting promotional activities, including for social media and monthly newsletters;
- Assist the Content Manager in content development activities;
- Assist the Project Coordinator in drafting contracts and project reports;
- Conduct ad hoc research tasks as required.
Professional skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, Sociology or Law;
- Excellent communication and editing skills, with a proven ability to write for a broad audience;
- A storyteller with track record experience in summarising content (news, policy documents, and research) and connecting it with other relevant developments;
- Basic knowledge of HTML, Content Management Systems;
- Digital savvy;
- Excellent English and fluency in French;
- A minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience.
- Fluency in German is a plus;
- Interest/experience with social integration issues and debates;
- Interest/experience with SEO best practices;
- Interest/experience with graphic design (infographics).
- Confidentiality and tact;
- Very good attention to detail and an eye for accuracy;
- Good team-working skills, including flexibility and commitment to the issues;
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise own work within agreed parameters;
- Ability to work independently and initiate activities as appropriate;
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Identification with the work and objectives of MPG.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org