Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 26,700 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country’s finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation’s best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance, as well as 12 official holidays and a choice of retirement programs.
Summary of Job Duties
• Assist in planning and implementing Fall and Spring Orientations
• Manage issworld email account
• Assist in the Cross Cultural Mentor Program
• Communicate with and coordinate program volunteers
• Coordinate Conversation Club
• Coordinate Global Greeks
• Assist with various events (includes an evening once a week and occasional weekends)
• Coordinate and attend Educational Field Trips
• Follow up after events to evaluate effectiveness of events
• Track data from evaluations of events
• Manage the ISS social media outlets
• Develop web content as needed
• Admitted to a graduate program at the University of Arkansas
• Eligible to enroll for 6 graduate hours for the fall and spring semesters
• Computer skills: database skills, email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proficient in social media
• Relational and team-building skills
• Experience in coordinating or scheduling events or programs
• Personal experience in a cross-cultural setting
• Experience in conducting workshops or training events
• Experience in developing learning outcomes and assessment of programs
• Experience with website development
• Major area of study in education such as higher education, curriculum and instruction, adult education or in other related area such as communication, foreign languages, sociology, international relations, or anthropology.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org