Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Writing, editing, and translating texts for several outputs (website, publications, newsletter, etc.);
- Managing web and social media content;
- Supporting media relations, including writing and disseminating press releases, statements, and increasing the media contact database;
- Supporting communications with the members of the organization, and timely updating databases;
- Representing ALDA during meetings and conferences, giving speeches when required, liaising with a wide set of stakeholders;
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, partners, project managers;
- Supporting all requested communication and day-to-day activities in the office;
- Supporting ad hoc needs, based on the work of a fast-paced, flexible organization.
Skills and abilities needed:
- Highly motivated, result-driven person;
- Flexibility, eagerness to learn quickly;
- Ability to work under pressure respecting tight deadlines;
- Communication skills, especially in multicultural, complex environments;
- Ability to work in team and autonomously, with a pleasant and respectful behavior;
- Creativity, initiative, respect for hierarchy are equally needed.
Education, languages and tools:
- University degree in communications, journalism or similar;
- Excellent knowledge of English (both written and spoken) is required, as well as very good knowledge of French and/or Italian; any other languages are an asset;
- Interest in local democracy, participatory and active citizenship, and European projects;
- Proficient use of Office Suite, internet, email, social networks. Web and graphic tools knowledge are an asset;
- Previous experience in international organisations and/or managing similar tasks highly advantageous.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org