Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day-to-day operations.
The Program Associate is the entry-level position for program work at IRI, and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in the region.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
- 0-1 year of experience in international development or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
- French or Arabic-language skills preferred but not required.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Updates budget tracker; cross-reference with PSR on monthly basis and interacts with appropriate Project Accountant and other Accounting staff.
- Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
- Handles travel for all portfolio programs, including ensuring the receipt and recording of approvals and maintaining the Travel Tracker up to date, and in compliance with funder requirements.
- Compiles and facilitates submission of contract packages.
- Serves as point of contact for RFP solicitations and compiles submitted materials for the RFP evaluation process.
- Updates program databases, contract trackers, etc.
- Compiles briefing books for trainers.
- Maintains project site and documents.
- Provides logistical support for DC meetings and events for the Regional Division.
- Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
- Participates in cross-functional teams and initiatives (optional).
- Travels to the field as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org