Working as part of the Crisis Action MENA team based in Beirut, the Campaign and Research Assistant will support the Advocacy and Campaigns Associate, Advocacy and Campaigns Manager, and Office Director with the development and delivery of joint advocacy and campaign work. S/he will also work in coordination with other Crisis Action offices and with NGO partners in Beirut and the MENA region.
Tasks will include:
- Organizing and taking minutes of internal and external meetings/calls, including with local/ regional NGO partners and officials.
- Monitoring MENA media and producing daily overviews concerning the Crisis Action priority conflicts in Syria and Yemen.
- Compiling a weekly overview of MENA media, social media platforms, meetings and statements for Crisis Action staff and partners.
- Proof-reading English documents.
- Administrative support, such as updating the contact database and general office tasks.
- Interest in conflict issues and/or campaigning and advocacy
- Knowledge and political awareness of the MENA region and international political and security dynamics
- Fluent oral and written English, coupled with proof-reading skills, with fluency in Arabic an added plus
- Proven admin and IT skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated, prone to taking initiative, and capable of working in a tightly-knit global team
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org