This position is for a mid-level Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to support monitoring activities in the field as requested by the Department of State. The M&E Specialist should be located in the country of which the monitoring activities are taking place (Afghanistan). The Monitoring Specialist will be primarily responsible for data collection, analysis and draft reporting activities, and supporting logistical needs for third-party monitoring in remote areas.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation of a Performance Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan, with appropriate indicators and an effective data collection system.
- Oversees data collection to ensure data quality standards are applied and procedures are in place, data analysis, reporting on actual achievements in light of set targets, highlighting emerging patterns and offering clear reports on findings and conclusions.
- Provide logistical support in the facilitation of third-party data collection.
- Supervises the collection of quantitative and qualitative data, use scientific methods to ensure high quality of data, and design a reporting system that provides insights to decision makers on grant program performance and areas that need management’s attention.
- Tracks and analyzes program indicators and other statistics and prepare high quality and timely reports as per the PMELP.
- Ensures that all information required for submission to PAS-Afghanistan is collected and submitted in a valid, reliable and timely manner.
- Assists in development of impact indicators and data collection which properly represents the impact of grants.
- Provides training and guidance to PAS staff at the Embassy as needed or as directed by higher level management or the COR.
- Ensures that outcomes of monitoring and evaluation of projects feed into the PMELP.
- Analyzes data collected and synthesizes research findings into succinct reporting for use by field staff and program office.
- Liaises and coordinates with Field Manager (and other company designees) to address missing or incomplete information.
- Report to the Program Manager on a regular basis by providing weekly activity report as required.
- Work with data platforms, database, and select technologies to capture and organize data.
- Education: M.A. in relevant field (Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy/Administration, International Relations Statistics, etc.).
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years in international development related to MEL and program support; Experience working with Department of State grants programing preferred.
- Knowledge: Department of State procedures and regulations; possess demonstrable knowledge in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning of government projects, International Development, or Economics; Ability to collect and analyze large qualitative and quantitative data. Has knowledge of and employs industry standard of sound data collection techniques.
- Skills: Ability to draft reports clearly outlining findings from data analysis in a way that is useful to improving programming and operations; Assists in the development of data collection tools; Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders of different backgrounds; Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness and sensitivity required to interact with a broad range of stakeholders; Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Afghanistan.
- Fluency in English.
- Secret level security clearance.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org