Join us as a Senior Editor for CNN Digital International!
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
This Atlanta-based role is the top on-the-ground editor for all things CNN International, digitally. S/he will work closely with CNN International leadership and newsgathering teams in Atlanta and beyond, and across the digital portfolio. This is a role for an experienced digital journalist whose outstanding editorial judgement can unpack the global importance, characters and drama of key news stories, develop strong and compelling features and can combine all this with great understanding of building and growing digital audiences across our platforms.
What will you be doing?
-Planning, coordinating and sleeves-rolled up editing on priority stories, projects and regional beats for key audiences.
-The role will connect between the London and Hong Kong units and assist in overseeing and managing site programming and performance during this shift, with particular emphasis on the South American and early Asia Pacific audiences.
-The Senior Editor needs to have an understanding of how to grow audiences in key markets through tailored, innovative content and strategic programming based on actionable data.
- Shape, commission and oversee coverage, including breaking news, features and other distinctive content to ensure editorial traffic and engagement commitments and budgets are met.
- Work closely with CNN International newsgathering and leadership teams in Atlanta on any immediate and long-term planning, commissioning and briefing correspondents on digital component of stories and communicate this across digital teams.
- Coordinate with other digital units, to ensure content is produced, optimized and delivered in an integrated way across platforms, with special focus on mobile first content.
- Work on field assignments and run the teams assigned for digital
- Create, write, edit and produce world-class digital editorial coverage using digital and social storytelling techniques. Produce digital coverage including text, images, video, social storytelling, user-generated content initiatives and social curation.
- Ensure that editorial quality and standards are met and delivered across stories by commissioning effectively, providing editorial guidance and routing sensitive queries appropriately.
- Encourage innovation, such as interactive storytelling, social storytelling and data visualization, with a big emphasis on original video, social promotion and mobile engagement.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and stakeholders across the network to ensure that all relevant parties are well informed.
What do we need from you?
-Typically has 8 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- College degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Significant experience in digital journalism and multi-platform content/production
- Must have a strong track record of editing news and feature stories.
- Should be able to swiftly fact check stories, have a close eye for detail and a knack for writing sharp headlines.
- Experience working independently and setting editorial priorities is essential. The successful candidate needs to possess superior news judgement and deliver in a fast-paced breaking news environment.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Understanding of how to drive regional and global digital audience growth
- Experience in managing and directing others
- Solid knowledge of international affairs
- Successful track record in delivering digital content - especially video and mobile only productions
- Experience, calmness and initiative in dealing with a big breaking news story
Nice to have:
- Major newsroom experience
- Exceptional understanding of real- and longer term metrics
- Capable of working across time zones and cross-culture
- Flexible and able to operate in a fast-changing and exciting environment
- Desire to make CNN Digital innovative and distinctive
- A global mindset
But wait, there’s more!
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org