Exovera, an SOS International LLC (SOSi) company, is seeking a Part Time Arabic Language Media Analyst to join our team. Exovera provides media monitoring and analytics services for public and private customers. The winning candidate will be an outstanding writer (in English) with an analytic mind and a sophisticated understanding of international current events. We are looking for proven experience in high-pace fields such as journalism, strategic communications, public relations, intelligence, political consulting, and the like. Familiarity with Iraq and the surrounding region is strongly preferred. Experience with social media, information technology, analytics, and additional language fluency are also advantages.
The Media Analyst is part of a team working 24/7 and must be willing and able to work an unconventional schedule, including some overnight and weekend shifts. Shift work will include analyzing local, regional, and international print, broadcast, and social media sources.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Monitors traditional and non-traditional international news sources, selects and assesses information according to both set and dynamic criteria
• Writes brief and succinct analytic overviews highlighting and assessing key information
• Contributes original analysis pieces on Arabic and English media content and coverage
• Distributes relevant content and reports to customers, including high-level U.S. government officials
• Interacts with a range of online tools, including media aggregators, social media applications, computer analysis systems and databases
• Responds to customer inquiries and correspondence
• Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline such as International Relations, Political Science, History, Sociology, or related field
• Strong interest and knowledge of global current events
• Native fluency or near native fluency in Modern Standard Arabic (and ideally, colloquial Iraqi dialects) is required
• Proven skill and experience (at least 2 years) in professional writing (in English)
• Ability to quickly process and organize large amounts of information and identify and assess items of greatest importance
• Experience related to monitoring and sophisticated analysis, including an ability to identify biases and remain objective.
• Comfort and experience disseminating information in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of norms regarding effective use of social media
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated comfort with information technology and multimedia software, including publishing and analytics tools
• Maturity, honesty, and integrity
• Ability/flexibility and temperament to work long hours on occasion and potentially on short notice
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org