Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Proposal Support Specialist is an entry-level position within the Proposal Development Department. The Specialist supports the production of the final versions of proposals and applications for client consideration. The proposals Creative produces are large, complex documents frequently over 500 pages, with multiple annexes and graphics and produced in various programs, including MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Adobe Acrobat. The Specialist works as an integral part of the proposal development team to ensure that these proposals are produced in the required formats and meet the highest quality standards for document publishing. The Proposal Support Specialist also performs other tasks associated with the general administration of the Proposal Development Department, including processing consultant agreements, consultant payments, and reimbursements.
Reporting & Supervision:
This entry-level position is housed in the Proposal Development Department, reporting to the Proposal Development Director or designee. The position regularly interacts with the technical divisions and with Finance and Contracts, Human Resources, Communications, and the Office of the President.
- Effective coordination of assigned proposal development and administrative support projects for Business Development Division;
- Dynamic representation of the Business Development Division across other divisions within the Company;
- Proactive involvement within the Business Development Division to anticipate PD needs and support smooth continuous operations of the division.
- Maintains files of proposal documents, both hard copy and electronic, and maintains an organized proposals library.
- Supports data entry for business development tracking system, as needed.
- Attends business development meetings and records proceedings.
- Processes consultant agreements and payments in coordination with Proposal Coordinators and Proposal Managers; processes other payments and reimbursements, as needed.
- Maintains supply cabinet and list of items required in other common spaces.
- Supports proposal recruitment efforts including organizing, filing, reviewing, editing, and formatting resumes for proposals. Conducts resume database searches, supports applicant tracking, and assists in resume screening, candidate contact and follow-up, as needed.
- Provides administrative support to Senior Director of Development and Director of Proposal Development.
- Provides support in the role of Proposal Coordinator (per Creative’s Business Development Policy and Process Manual) on as needed basis.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BA in International Relations, English, History, Journalism, or a related field;
- Strong writing, editing, and organizational skills;
- Strong document layout and production skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; and
- Expertise with document production software (Adobe) and MS Office and Office 365: spreadsheet (Excel), word-processing (Word) and presentation (PowerPoint) software; and
- Commitment to High Performance Organization and values-driven work environment.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of work experience preferably in the office environment
- Second language, such as French, Spanish, or Arabic; and
- Experience using Sharepoint.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org