The Associate Director of Student Programs is responsible for assisting the Director of Student Programs with the organization and operation of all high school, middle school, and teacher professional development programs at the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia and is actively involved in all other education-related initiatives, activities and programs. This position reports directly to the Director of Student Programs.
- Assist Vice President of Education and Director of Student Programs with conceptualizing, planning and implementing extracurricular programming for middle and high school students, including large-scale conferences, workshops, seminars and speaker events, focused on international affairs, foreign policy, current events, economics, geopolitics and world cultures;
- Research and write curriculum materials and classroom resources for students and teachers, including briefing papers, lesson plans, workbooks, and handouts;
- Occasionally prepare and deliver engaging topic-related presentations appropriate for both a middle and high school student audience;
- With Education Coordinator/Bodine Liaison, design and distribute all education programming-related marketing and recruitment materials, including fliers, program books and media advisories;
- With Education Coordinator/Bodine Liaison, oversee department web design, online content management, and program registrations;
- Prepare all program-specific communications, including pre- and post-program correspondence with students and faculty advisers;
- Manage all invoicing of schools and vendors;
- Supervise program venue arrangements and on-site logistics;
- With other Education Department staff, identify, recruit and prepare program speakers and facilitators;
- Facilitate all program proceedings;
- Carry out assignments at the Council’s public speaker events, including registration, ushering, etc.
- B.A. required, M.A. preferred, in international affairs, education, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in an educational or professional setting preferred
- Program management and event planning experience with middle and/or high school students preferred
- Experience in customer service/service-provider capacity highly desired
- Advanced skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Google Docs
- Advanced skills using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to [email protected]. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls or additional emails..