The New York Office is the Foundation’s primary relationship manager with the UN system and diplomatic community in New York. In addition to monitoring, tracking and analyzing the day-to-day activities of the UN, the NY Office works closely to support the leadership of the Secretary-General in the areas of women’s and children’s health, the post-2015 development agenda and strategic communications, and builds partnerships with the private sector. The UN Relations and Policy Intern will provide cross-cutting policy, research and events support to the Office- allowing him/her learn about several priority issues of the Foundation.
- Participate in internal team meetings with UN Relations and Policy Initiatives teams and provide support when necessary.
- Attend UN meetings and side events relevant to UN Foundation priorities and report back on highlights.
- Monitor websites for news and blogs on UN issues to help staff stay abreast of UN activities and key upcoming meetings and events.
- Track negotiations in UN bodies such as the Security Council and General Assembly.
- Assist in the drafting and circulating daily news updates for staff.
- Support research and assist with background documents and meeting preparation.
- Assist with preparation, execution, and follow-up of UN Foundation events and meetings.
- Candidate must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must bea recent graduate (within 8 months of graduation) of a college or university with a demonstrated interest in the UN and international development.
- Candidate is ideally expected to work full-time, though we are able to accommodate students’ schedules as needed.
- Strong research, writing, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter – while also contributing to a strong team environment.
- Experience with supporting the planning and execution of events.
- Fast and organized learner with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Interest in the United Nations, International Development, Global Health, Sustainability, International Affairs and/or the non-profit sector highly preferred.
Benefits & Compensation
The United Nations Foundation offers unpaid full and part-time internships.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org