The Pan American Development Foundation seeks motivated, detail-oriented candidate(s) to serve as Program Interns in its DC office in support of the implementation and monitoring of international development programs throughout Latin America and the Caribbean during the Summer of 2018 and possibly beyond. In this position, the Intern(s) will assist PADF staff in the management of U.S. government and/or private sector-funded projects. PADF offers a hands-on, multicultural environment for Interns to gain practical program management and implementation skills and a collegial atmosphere of professionals dedicated to creating a hemisphere of opportunity for all. This position is unpaid, but PADF will offer a small stipend. Interns will be expected to commit 20-30 hours per week for a period of a least 10 weeks (with the possibility of extension).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support general program management efforts.
- Assist with the review and analysis of documents and information received from partners and/or field teams.
- Complete research to support current project implementation and the development of new proposals.
- Synthesize research or other information to produce informational materials in support of the program.
- Participate in the drafting of program summaries, case studies, etc.
- Support programs staff with documenting or communicating program successes.
- Support in maintaining and analyzing program tracking documentation and databases.
- Assist with internal PADF administrative processes (for example: payments, agreements, contracts, etc.).
- Translation of documents as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in international relations, political science, public policy, economics or related field. This position would be ideal for current graduate students.
- Strong oral and writing skills in English and Spanish is required; Portuguese or French, a plus.
- A demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and operate independently with a precise, confident working style.
- Solid ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- First-hand knowledge or experience in Latin American and Caribbean countries, a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and outreach skills in facilitating communication with individuals from diverse cultures.
- Ability to work as part of a team while also being able to complete assigned tasks independently while keeping the team regularly informed.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that commitments and tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Exhibits and supports a positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of standard computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint); knowledge of other data analysis software (R, ArcGIS, etc.), a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org