With 12 locations throughout the world, Asia Society is the leading educational organization promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among the peoples, leaders, and institutions of Asia and the west. Asia Society Texas Center executes the global mission with a local focus, enriching and engaging the vast diversity of Houston through innovative, relevant programs in arts and culture, business and policy, education, and community outreach. Asia Society Texas Center operates as a separate 501(c)(3) organization and is an affiliate of the Asia Society global network.
The Development Coordinator is a key member of the development team and handles all incoming contributions and data entry related to information on members, donors, and prospective donors. Responsibilities center on timely updates of information, generating giving and donor reports, and preparing lists for mailings.
The primary responsibilities of this position fall into two main areas:
· Accurate data entry, gift processing, and database management. This accounts for approximately 60 percent of the position.
· Assisting the Development Team in activities related to special events and receptions as well as supporting the acquisition, retention, and upgrading of donors. This accounts for 40 percent of the position.
· Process incoming gifts, including online transactions, credit card charges, cash and checks.
· Manage acknowledgment letters so they are mailed out within 24 to 48 hours from receipt of gift.
· Create Daily Income Report (DIR) to Finance Department for reconciliation and Daily Development Report (DDR) to the President, Development, Special Events, and Programs teams.
· Configure information in the database for accurate reporting on campaigns and appeal revenue.
· Manage multiple revenue reports and prospect lists.
· Check and process online donations and event registration for Special Events.
· Maintain donor records for up-to-date contact information in both database and hard copy form.
· Work closely with Patron Services to track program attendees in the database and ensure accurate membership data entry.
· Assist Director of Development with processing and maintenance of corporate memberships.
· Work closely with Development Associate, Director of Development, and Vice President of Finance to accurately track donor pledges, pledge schedules, and send reminders as needed.
· Generate mailing lists for appeals, guest lists, and event invitations.
· Work closely with Development Team, President, Program Directors, and Facilities Team on the organization’s main Special Events: Tiger Ball Gala, Huffington Award Luncheon, and the Women’s Leadership Series.
· Provide logistical support for other donor stewardship events and receptions.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar database application preferred
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
· An understanding of, and an ability to articulate, the accomplishments and goals of an organization like the Asia Society
· Interest and background in Asian cultures and/or foreign affairs
· Good oral and written communications skills
· Self-starter, with strong ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks
· Willingness to interact with the public in a professional, courteous manner
· Ability to work collaboratively with entire development team on joint projects
· Willingness to take on tasks outside of typical job duties
· Organized and accurate, with attention to detail
· Deadline-oriented, displaying a high level of ethics and integrity
The requirements listed with this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret timelines. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write a business letter. Comfortable and competent in speaking to vendors.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The position requires working knowledge in the Raiser’s Edge database as well as, Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to access the Internet and other software products. Ability to work without direct supervision in a small office environment is required. Ability to hold a valid Driver’s License and possess a car that can be used for work purposes.
Please email your cover letter and resume indicating position and salary requirements. Indicate job title in the subject line.
Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted.
No phone calls, please.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org