The Special Assistant is a high-level professional directly assisting the President of Global Cities, Inc. – A Program of Bloomberg Philanthropies, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization established under the auspices of Bloomberg Philanthropies.
The Special Assistant works closely with the President supporting the ongoing activities, mission, and vision of Global Cities. The Special Assistant maintains the President’s schedule, correspondence, and records. S/he documents the meetings of the President, and proactively researches issues, contacts, projects, and programs in support of the President’s activities. Based in Global Cities New York City headquarters, the Special Assistant is a confidential presidential direct report. The position requires the ability to work globally, and to work alongside the President in diverse cultural settings.
- Organizes and staffs in-person and on-line meetings, conversations, and related activities for the President and other senior leadership.
- Documents meetings and conversations, recording discussions verbatim when required.
- Schedules and arranges transportation.
- Coordinates projects from planning through execution and completion.
- Creates materials to document project activities and convey information regarding project status.
- Builds organizational knowledge through appropriate research to prepare for meetings and events.
- Researches and prepares reports about international digital exchange and about trends in global education.
- Maintains communications distribution lists.
- Assists with special events planning, sending invitations, tracking responses, and coordinating materials.
- Other duties as assigned by the President and Vice President.
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2 to 3 years experience in a team-based office environment
- Exceptional written and communications skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to analyze and present information in clear and concise formats
- Ability to work with external constituencies, including board members, peer organizations, and school district administrators
- Excellent computer skills; strong background in MS Office and iOS software and experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Data management and analysis skills required; experience with Salesforce CMS preferred
- Project management experience necessary, as is the ability to anticipate future activities and plan ahead to ensure task completion
- Ability to manage time, work autonomously, and handle multiple tasks while ensuring accountability
- Ability to work globally, and to work alongside the President in diverse cultural settings and with varied constituencies
- Ability to speak one or more modern foreign languages a plus
This is a full-time position; work hours may extend beyond the beyond the standard workday depending upon project demands. Travel required.
Please send a cover letter and resume by applying below.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org