We are currently recruiting a Travel Risk Team Leader to join our Intelligence and Advisory Services (IAS) team. This is an excellent opportunity that may suit someone with an analyst background seeking to transition into a more operationally focused role.
The Travel Risk Team Leader will be responsible for a team of Junior Risk Analysts supporting operations with our medical partner. Under the direction of the Head of IAS, and in conjunction with the Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC) Director, the successful candidate will guide and direct G4S Travel Risk Management (TRM) operations.
A key part of the role will be responsibility for ensuring the G4S Global Intelligence System (GIS) remains up to date and accurate, reflecting security developments and trends around the world. The role will also oversee the G4S global journey management offering, liaising with our country teams around the world to deliver services to clients. These can occur at short notice so a ‘can-do’ approach is necessary.
The TRM team forms part of the wider IAS business unit comprising Senior Risk Analysts and Risk Analysts, reporting to the Head of IAS. IAS produces bespoke risk assessments, forecasts and advisories for a range of clients across sectors.
Please note that the successful candidate may be required to work evening, night and weekend shifts from time to time.
Travel Risk Management (TRM) Operations
Manage the TRM Service. Including:-
- Provide of day to day line management for a team of up to 5 Junior Risk Analysts
- Manage shift schedules and work allocation
- Monitor adherence with key performance indicators (KPIs) taking appropriate action to rectify any issues where necessary
- Support the development of and implement the TRM strategy in order to meet GSOC objectives and the G4S Risk Consulting business strategy
- Develop and regularly review standard operating procedures to ensure they continue to be fit for purpose, taking action where necessary in conjunction with the Head of IAS
- Ensure that operations tracking systems and portals remain functional, resolving issues with technology partners if required
- Support security consultancy tasks as required
- Ensure Global Intelligence System (GIS) country threat ratings and assessments are accurate and up to date
- Collaborate with team to review and determine appropriate ratings and ensure key developments and trends are highlighted and revised accordingly
- Deliver bespoke verbal and written travel security assessments and briefings
- Direct the collation, analysis and dissemination of security or other issues affecting business travellers
- Ensure product integrity, including through quality assurance activities and mentoring of junior analysts
- Take responsibility for own continuing professional development, keeping abreast of security trends and technological developments related to the sector
- Active in IAS product development
- Interact with account managers, partners and internal stakeholders to support cross-selling activity
- Coordinate Journey Management and Close Protection tasks, liaising with G4S country offices and sub-contractors worldwide. Ensure professional operational delivery which adheres to policies, protocols and procedures as agreed with the client and in accordance with G4S standards
- Responsible for maintaining a global network of key contacts and suppliers across the wider business and industry.
- Responsible for TRM team information management and record keeping, ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Collate and disseminate business intelligence in relation to TRM business activity and competitor analysis
- Maintain an accurate pipeline of GIS, Journey Management and Close Protection sales opportunities on the G4S customer relationship management system (Salesforce)
- Collect, and where necessary act upon, customer feedback data in compliance with G4S Risk Consulting’s ISO 9001 quality management system
- Contribute to the production of business development proposals and presentations
- Respond to client requests, platform alerts and trials requests in a timely manner
- Educated to at least a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Security Studies, International Relations, Intelligence
- At least 3 years’ experience in the travel security risk industry.
- Line management or mentoring experience would be an advantage
- An understanding of the competitor landscape would be an advantage
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPointProject management experience / qualification (Prince2 or similar) would be an advantage.
- Experience of effective contract management would be an advantage.
Skills Role Requirements
- Excellent personal organisation and business administration skills
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Familiar with global security trends and international affairs
- Excellent editorial skills and attention to detail
- Interest in organisational management and ensuring business operations are streamlined and efficient
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and influencing skills
- Passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- Pace, energy and enthusiasm with demonstrable ability to think and deliver at speed
- Well presented with a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Focused on delivering tangible results which increasing profitability
- Able to think laterally and creatively to solve operational issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
- Assertive but diplomatic
- A great communicator with an outgoing and upbeat personality
- A team player able to forge strong working relationships
- Self-motivated and able to proactively develop ideas and manage multiple projects at one time
- Flexible outlook with a willingness to evolve ideas and approach depending on the needs of the business
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, driving tasks and projects through to completion
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and communicate this effectively to internal partners in a collaborative and professional manner.
Ability to work weekends or nights, if required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org