The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide, is seeking a detail-oriented Program Coordinator to support IYF programming in sub-Saharan Africa. The ideal candidate will have Africa experience, preferably working on livelihoods, education, and/or market systems programs; excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; fluency in Portuguese and/or Swahili would be a distinct advantage; strong organizational and administrative skills; and the ability to quickly learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
To provide operational, technical, and business development support to IYF education, youth workforce development, and entrepreneurship programs in Africa, as assigned.
· Under the direction of the Program Manager, provide support to assigned initiatives, in order to achieve program outcomes and deliverables in accordance with donor rules and regulations, grant agreements, and work plans.
· Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor rules/regulations and IYF policies/procedures for assigned project grants and contracts.
· Ensure the timely receipt, approval, and processing of grants and contracts as well as the processing of disbursements. Support the work of contracted consultants and firms, as assigned.
· Provide administrative support for assigned programs, including coordinating and scheduling appointments, taking and sharing of notes at meetings, booking travel and accommodation, preparing correspondence, organizing project documents/files, organizing contacts lists, and conducting background research.
· Provide support to the Manager, as requested, in the delivery of technical assistance to country office teams in the areas of: IYF program models and curricula; program management tools (i.e. work plans, management information systems, theory of change development and reviews); grant management; budget management; and use of IYF’s intellectual property (e.g. IYF’s Passport to Success life skills curriculum and Youth Inclusive Market Systems approach).
· Assist the Program Director and the Program Managers in drafting MOUs, detailed implementation plans, quarterly and annual reports, and contracts and agreements. Ensure work plans and other tracking plans are updated on a regular basis.
· Conduct country, labor market, and/or market systems research, as needed, to support design of youth workforce development and entrepreneurship programs.
· Provide support to the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems for assigned initiatives, including through providing support to country office teams in adopting and utilizing IYF’s online, Salesforce-based M&E system.
· Provide support to IYF’s business development efforts by facilitating proposal development efforts (e.g. coordinating schedules from technical writers and budget developers), and participating in project design and proposal review activities, as assigned.
· Provide ongoing support to the Program Manager and other Africa team colleagues, and perform other duties, as assigned.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required. Fluency in Portuguese and/or Swahili is highly desirable.
· Ability to adjust readily to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and unexpected events, while remaining calm, effective, and even-tempered in high-pressure circumstances.
· Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
· Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, make recommendations toward solving problems, and work well in group problem solving situations.
· Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional, team as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently. Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, including with country offices.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills are required. Thorough knowledge and experience in building project management systems, filing systems, and general office procedures preferred.
· Outstanding interpersonal communication skills which must be effective and courteous, requiring high integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and languages.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience using online survey programs (e.g. KeySurvey) and/or online management information systems (e.g. Salesforce), as well as online collaboration platforms (e.g. OneNote and SharePoint) is an added benefit.
· Ability to travel internationally as needed (approximately 35%).
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs (Social Science, Economics, International Relations, Public Policy), plus 3+ years of work experience.
· Knowledge of or experience with education, livelihoods, and/or market systems development programs, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa.
· Experience supporting programs funded by a variety of private and public donors, preferred.
· Experience facilitating training in cross-cultural settings, preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit our online career portal and upload a cover letter and resume at https://iyf-openhire.silkroad.com/ by May 11th 2018.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.