The Regional Program Coordinator supports Regional Representative and ensures backstopping coordination and issue resolution related to countries programmatic, technical and operational needs.
- Support regular Country Program Portfolio Reviews, Program and Budget (P&B) Forecasting and budget pipeline reviews to monitor actual program activities in comparison with plan and budget, cross-functional team meetings to identify challenges with program implementation, and support course corrections as needed;
- Provide on-going support to country offices requests in coordination with regional/HQ units;
- Retain an overview of all communications from NY programs to the designated portfolio of country programs to promote maximum efficiency and effectiveness in these communications by coordinating and prioritizing messages. Work to minimize the number of vertical demands on country programs by coordinating communication across divisions. In doing so, reduce financial and temporal transaction costs and forge improved communication channels;
- Retain an overview of the most critical operational practices and related messages from NY to ensure they support effective and efficient program delivery – where opportunities for more efficient and effective coordination practices arise, make recommendations to relevant management. Specifically, these operational practices include ensuring support from the CCU, internal audit, finance, and HR for continual program delivery;
- Ensure two-way information flow between country programs and HQ senior management, the global technical leadership unit, the ME&R team, Program Development and the Communications and Marketing team, among others;
- Supporting the country program’s Knowledge Management (KM) functions in documentation of share lessons learned for the benefit of existing and future programs and ensure best practices emerging from country programs within the portfolio are shared across the organization;
- In collaboration with Knowledge Management and IT teams, implement approaches to improving and streamlining internal country communications and knowledge management using existing intranet software; contribute to exploring new and improved organizations approaches to similar forms of internal communication;
- Coordinate the review, revision, editing of high quality donor reports (narrative and financial), study reports, publications, and work plans and ensure their timely submission;
- Coordinate ME&R support to the program portfolio including the development and implementation of performance management plans (PMP), implementation of data collection processes, design/implement/coordinate evaluations, etc.);
- Coordinate internal content reviews of study proposals and tools conference abstracts, publications, and presentations based on internal ME&R and technical/clinical standards and practices;
- Ensure efficient day-to-day running of the Regional office; Arranging/managing conference calls for regular internal meetings like portfolio reviews, pipeline reviews and other meetings, as and when needed and prepare minutes of meetings where requested by Regional Representative;
- Maintains and updates contact lists of key contacts; coordinate with donors or other stakeholders as requested by Regional Representative for scheduling appointments, follow up, and correspondence and ensure that the calendar is shared with others to ensure logistics like ensuring availability of the meeting room, office car (instructions of routing), travel of Regional office staff is finalized and managed with efficiency;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Regional Representative or other staff of the regional office.
- Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation;
- Post Graduate in Health Management, public health or relevant branch of social sciences with 7-10 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power point);
- Strong writing skills in English;
- Expertise in collecting and compiling data; analyzing and preparing reports.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Able to work in a team setting;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and be Gender-sensitive.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Working knowledge of other widely spoken languages is an asset;
- Experience working for international organizations in RH/FP area.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org