FHI 360 seeks a Project Director/Chief of Party for a USAID/Liberia Activity that seeks to engage the Liberian government in analyzing, formulating and implementing policy, regulatory and governance reforms that foster a competitive private sector which stimulates inclusive economic growth in Liberia. The Chief of Party will oversee project implementation, provide the technical vision and approach, manage the project team, subcontractors and grantees, and foster partnerships with local think tanks, research institutions, government ministries and agencies, private sector associations, and civil society organizations to develop and implement policy reforms. He/she will ensure the project complies with award terms and conditions, USAID policies and regulations, and systems are in place to mitigate risk of fraud, waste and abuse. The Chief of Party will have primary responsibility for liaising with USAID and other stakeholders in Liberia.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Oversee all aspects of program implementation and management; stakeholder coordination with USAID and Government of Liberia counterparts, and policy/research institutions and business associations; and ensure overall project quality, results, and compliance;
- Provide strategic leadership to the design and implementation of the Activity and oversee program planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
- Ensure optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables and targets;
- Provide leadership and management to ensure that all projects activities are executed in line with and meet the technical standards and expectations of FHI 360 and its donors and supporters. Ensure timely, high-quality and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID;
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to monitor the implementation of projects, including progress toward achieving objectives and targets with high-quality and on-time performance;
- Provide effective oversight to all financial and administrative functions undertaken by the program to ensure efficient and effective administrative support;
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with FHI 360 standard operating procedures, donor policies and regulations, and national policies and laws;
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with policy think tanks, research institutions, business associations and representatives from the Government of Liberia, donors, and other implementing and collaborating partners;
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned;
- Oversee strategies and interventions to ensure excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and USAID;
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of enterprise support organizations and financial institutions.
- Over 10 years of experience designing, implementation, reporting and management of evidence-based economic development, public policy development and/or private sector competitiveness projects;
- An advanced degree in commerce, economics, finance, business management and administration or related field;
- Experience managing USAID-funded projects required, and prior Chief of Party experience strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, business associations, advocacy organizations, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Experience in leveraging partnerships and resources for policy reform, policy analysis, strategies to foster policy dialogue and buy-in, policy implementation and monitoring;
- Demonstrated success working with and building the capacity of local policy and research entities;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies;
- Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, lead teams and make high-level decisions.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org