Bonnier Publishing USA is seeking a creative, energetic and organized Associate Operations Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Production Director the Associate Operations Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all aspects of production, publication, manufacture, and distribution of Bonnier Publishing USA titles. The manager will maintain schedules through final production, as well as manage vendor contracts and quality control.
A role within the Bonnier Publishing Group is an opportunity to be a part of something uniquely different. You’ll fit into our culture here if you have a positive outlook and can adapt to change quickly. You also have to be a team player to work in Bonnier Publishing. We win together, we lose together and we laugh together. We are commercial, fast-moving, hard-working and we have fun. We believe nothing is impossible. There are no other major publishers like us.
- Establishing technical guidelines and publishing policies / procedures for internal and external resources.
- Taking responsibility for project management and frequent communication with project teams.
- Creating, issuing, and monitoring production schedules.
- Establishing a working relationship with domestic and foreign suppliers.
- Establishing and maintaining inventory and distributions pipeline to ensure timely delivery of books.
- Maintaining scheduling, trafficking, distributing materials and overall quality control.
- Overseeing any pre-press procedures, production, manufacturing, and distribution quality control.
- Maintaining departmental databases to ensure information is correct and current.
- Managing freight forwarding and consolidation.
- Managing stock transactions at our distributor including stock transfers, refurbs, hurts, etc.
- Acting as IT liaison for the San Francisco office including setting up new equipment, maintenance on printers & copiers as needed, and liaising with our external IT support vendor.
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in book production, manufacturing and distribution.
- Knowledge of composition, printing, binding, color separation and electronic pre-press.
- Knowledge of CPSIA and safety testing standards in the U.S. and internationally.
- Experience with international Logistics and Freight Management.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Working knowledge of Filemaker Pro and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills, reading comprehension, speaking effectively, communicating effectively in writing, instructing others on expectations and standards, negotiating and persuasion skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
- Excellent people skills, effective at interacting with internal and external clients and vendors.
- Willingness to go above and beyond the job description and pitch in wherever necessary to get the job done.
What you didn’t know about the team:
Bonnier Publishing USA is the new kid on the Bonnier Publishing block, and we're growing fast! This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of one of the most exciting opportunities in publishing worldwide
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org