ALDA recruits a Project Manager for European Active Citizenship Projects. He/she will work under the supervision of ALDA’s Secretary General and liaising with all the colleagues of the team, by undertaking the following duties and responsibilities:
Project management of several on going and newly starting projects on active citizenship, related to local good governance.
- To plan and/or implementing the action plan of the projects by fixing events and other initiatives described in the programme;
- To follow and accompany the partnership and the group involved in the projects;
- To communicate about the project with the support of the communication office of ALDA;
- To liaise and share knowledge about the project with the team of ALDA;
- Liaise with the donor (in liaison with the Secretary General of ALDA) (mainly the European Commission);
- To identify possible sources of co-funding and facilitation as for the project implementation, together with the Secretary General and with the Resources and Development office of ALDA;
- To be responsible of the use of the budget of the programme and carefully and responsively manager the resources allocated;
- To report about the project (both narrative and financial) with the support of the Financial offices of ALDA;
- To contribute with inputs and suggestions to the best implementation of the project;
- To be present to the events of the projects and other events of ALDA, both in Strasbourg and in the location of implementation of the projects;
- To actively liaise with the different networks on active citizenship and good governance at the local level, together with the Secretary General and with the other staff of ALDA;
- To coordinate, together with The Responsible of the French Networks in Strasbourg, the local activities of ALDA projects;
- To support the Responsible of the French Networks in developing partnerships at the local and national level in France.
- University degree;
- Languages: excellent verbal and written skills in English and French. Another language (Italian, or other European language is an asset);
- Previous experience in project implementation;
- Knowledge of computer tools;
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in managing networks, dealing with diverse institutions;
- High motivation and strong interest for international cooperation.
Terms of contract
The contract will be a period of 12 month and can be renewed for one year subject to availability of resources and satisfactory performance evaluation at the completion of the first contracted period.
Deadline for application – 21st May
A written test and interview will take place in the successive week and potentially the work stars on 1st June.
Location: the position is based in Strasbourg (France).
Salary based on the quality of the candidate. The candidate is requested to express his/her salary expectations. Only preselected candidates will be contacted.
Interested applicants should send their Letter of Intent and Curriculum Vitae (CV in English or French with a subject title Application – Project Manager Active Citizenship projects - Strasbourg
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org