The OISS Coordinator is responsible for event planning, program implementation, and general support to meet international students’ needs as well as to further the departmental and divisional goals.
Duties include, but are not limited to: event planning and implementation, logistical support for events and programs, assisting with International Student Orientation, providing guidance to international students, assist with services and support provided to students over breaks.
The OISS Coordinator will be expected to work collaboratively and interdepartmentally and serve as an advocate for international students on Colgate campus. The OISS Coordinator is also expected to support administrative duties of the office including OISS social media management, event facilitation, and other duties as assigned.
In addition to working in OISS, the OISS Coordinator may have the opportunity to assist the Office of Off-Campus Study and the Center for International Programs by creating a global experience for all students at Colgate University.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
1. Cultural sensitivity and ability to use social skills to interact with students of diverse backgrounds. An understanding of the collegiate experience of international students.
2. Strong attention to detail. Reliable and independent worker. Strong organizational skills.
3. Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
4. Ability to work as a member of a team, to function collaboratively, and to initiate independently.
1. Experience working within international students services, first-year student programming, student activities, leadership programming, and/or other areas in higher education.
2. Having a degree from Colgate University and/or in International Relations field is preferable
3. Experience living, working, and/or studying abroad outside of the United States.
4. Flexibility and innovation in response to problems and challenges.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org