• This position is a paid internship/co-op position for a current graduate student studying international relations or national security.
• Provides research, analytical, and writing support to Lockheed Martin Government Affairs staff on the National and Homeland Security team, which focuses on intelligence, cyber security, homeland security, and science and technology programs.
• Attends information gathering sessions internally and externally to gain a greater understanding of customer perspectives and requirements.
DESIRED SKILLS: • Undergraduate and graduate study focus in national security, defense and intelligence policy, or cyber, science and technology advancements
• Career aspirations in the aerospace and defense industry or the US government’s national security organizations
• Extensive research experience
• Strong writing skills, to include the ability to summarize lengthy and complex matters into short recommendation memoranda.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Software
• Current graduate student in the Washington Metropolitan Area
• Working knowledge and understanding of defense, national security, homeland security, or cyber, science and technology issues
• Working knowledge of US government national and homeland security organizations, including the Legislative and Executive Branches
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task under deadline
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and other standard business software
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org