This is a temporary summer position within Alion Science and Technology. Alion is looking for college students to work as an Intern with our International Programs Support Team, Team Submarine supporting the Foreign Military Sales Undersea Weapons Program Office at the Naval Sea Systems Command.
The intern will support our Foreign Military Sales support team by assisting in financial and program management tasks. This internship is an excellent opportunity to obtain a basic understanding of how United States Security Assistance works with our Allies, the principles of military assistance as it relates to US diplomatic policies, and relationships between DoD, DoN, US Department of State, and the US Congress and will prepare a college student for entry into the workforce by providing emphasis on training and gathering experience in the security cooperative programs and international relations.
Duties will vary and may include:
- Research projects relating to Foreign Military Sales.
- Perform professional administrative work of an introductory nature gradually increasing in level of difficulty and responsibility.
- Perform basic office tasks such as filing, photocopying, faxing and answering phones.
- Assist in arranging meetings, conferences, and project team activities.
- Update relevant data using database applications.
- Prepare routine reports and create various documents and electronic information with direction.
- Create graphs and charts for various projects using spreadsheet and graphics software with direction.
- Assist in answering questions and refer inquiry to appropriate person.
- Support staff in assigned project based work and manage minor administrative projects.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior in an accredited U.S. university or college, preferably majoring in International Relations or Policy or finance.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications a must, including complex Excel worksheets, PowerPoint presentations and Word documents.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- The ability to obtain a secret clearance is a must.
- Good writing, communication and listening skills.
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be diligent, hardworking and a fast learner.
- Desires to gain professional experience and is eager to learn.
- All applicants must be able to work not less than 30 hours per week.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org