GIJN, a fast-growing nonprofit, is looking for a top-notch trainer in investigative and data journalism to help our members and partners around the world. This position involves heavy international travel, building up capacity among journalists in Africa, Asia, Latin America and worldwide.
You’ll be part of our extraordinary multicultural team based in seven countries. You’ll work in a collaborative network that is having impact every day on the front lines of journalism.
Among the duties:
- Speak and run trainings at conferences of investigative journalists;
- Organize and conduct workshops on investigative and data journalism;
- Assist in answering queries to GIJN’s busy Help Desk;
- Assist in building GIJN’s multilingual Resource Center;
- Fluency in basic tools of data journalism, including spreadsheets, database management, and mapping;
- Effective public speaking and teaching
- Experience as a reporter or editor in investigative reporting projects.
- Ability to work in a decentralized network;
- Ability to work with different cultures, with people who speak English as a second language;
- A passion for investigative journalism and its ability to have social impact.
Location: GIJN is a virtual nonprofit and the training director can be based anywhere with access to good broadband and air travel.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org