Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Proposal Writer reports to the Director, Win Strategy Development. The position works closely with other members of the Development Division and collaborates with programs and technical staff. The incumbent may supervise junior staff and/or consultants.
- Collaborate with Creative Associates teams to develop proposal strategies and conduct design, writing, and review sessions;
- Research, write, and edit technical material for proposals and meet all proposal deadlines;
- Review and contribute to proposal outlines and compliance matrices;
- Work with subject matter experts to prepare material for proposals, including interviewing experts and/or reviewing and revising text prepared by experts;
- Travel to international field offices to establish relationships with the client, potential partners, and/or local staff; gather operational information and country context; and analyze the competitive environment for considering Creative's differentiators;
- Periodically review and maintain Creative's Writing and Style Guide;
- Support other writing tasks (including marketing pieces, success stories, expressions of interest, country reports/briefing books, and others), as required;
- Bachelors or equivalent required in international relations, development, journalism, or related field; Masters preferred;
- Minimum 6 years of experience writing significant proposal sections (management, resumes, past performance, etc.) and supporting the full proposal development life cycle in response to solicitations from the Federal Government;
- Minimum 3 years of proposal development experience for USAID and other USG agencies.
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Excellent writing skills, including understanding of grammatical rules, punctuation, sentence structure, and active/passive voice; and
- Ability to surge work schedule to meet proposal schedule demands.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Second language is desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org