Breaking ceilings, changing the world, propelling women changemakers, that is what you are signing up for when you join our team of global leaders. And we do it authenticity , respect and care for each other. How Women Lead elevates diverse women leaders in the corporate, public, philanthropic, and nonprofit sectors by cultivating a robust network that trains, invests in, and connects women executives who are catalysts in their fields. Founded in 2011, we bring together a network of over 5,000 women to strengthen their leadership tool boxes and networks to effect greater impact in their respective fields.
How Women Lead’s philanthropic arm, How Women Give, provides grants and invaluable connections to women’s and girls’ organizations on the frontlines of today’s most critical issues. In 2017, we became managing partner for the national 2020 Women on Boards effort to increase the percentage of women on U.S. company boards. In March 2018, we announced the acquisition of the Global Women’s Leadership Network, and will continue its flagship transformative leadership training, Women Leaders for the World.
Reporting to the CEO, the Training and Leadership Coordinator will manage the development and execution of How Women Lead’s transformational leadership programming. This role will be the driver of the experience for participants, trainers, coaches and volunteers for our signature Women Leaders for the World program as well as other training and leadership programming. The perfect candidate will be able to navigate international norms and communicate with sensitivity. This leader will be able to work with high impact leaders, be a proactive problem solver, technology fluent, detail oriented, adaptable, and committed to promoting women’s leadership and philanthropy.
The Training and Leadership Coordinator is a 15-20 hour/week, independent contractor who will work remotely, with occasional in-person meetings in the SF Bay Area. Hours may increase prior to program events.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
● Project manage How Women Lead’s two international programs, the Leadership Summits; and Women Leaders for the World (90% time)
○ Create and manage each program’s timeline, and orient all other team members towards achieving program goals
○ Ensure appropriate outreach and follow-up with clients, partners, funders, and collaborators, including scheduling and setting meeting agendas
○ Manage and execute all logistics and administrative tasks for each program, including but not limited to: securing venues, securing speakers and trainers, managing travel and visas for participants, invoicing, etc.
○ Develop and update program materials, including but not limited to: microsites (WIX website), delegation lists, sponsorship handouts, attendee handouts, etc.
○ Create and manage inspiring social media and communications for each program
○ Maintain historical program knowledge and keep How Women Lead’s information management systems (Salesforce) up to date
○ Outreach and supervise volunteer support as needed
○ Take initiative to perform other tasks as needed to ensure the smooth execution of both programs
● General organizational support and coordination meetings (10% time
● Multicultural and multilingual essential
● Ability to navigate international norms and communicate productively with leaders across the globe
● Takes their work seriously, but finds joy in it
● Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, time management, and ability to prioritize tasks and manage-up
● Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment, enthusiasm for taking initiative and problem solving, and excellent judgment and decision making skills
● Stand out interpersonal skills, including a professional demeanor with senior leaders, and a great memory and ability to make connections with thought leaders and participants
● Proficient technology skills
● Good eye for for graphic design (although technical graphic design skills not required)
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Access to a personal computer, printer, phone, and car
● Availability during regular business hours, and flexibility during evenings and weekends as needed to prepare for and host events
● Availability to work remotely, with colleagues in San Rafael, CA, and at different locations throughout the SF Bay Area
Education and Experience
● Minimum 5-7 years relevant work experience
● Knowledge and commitment to women’s issues, women’s leadership, or philanthropy preferred
● Experience living abroad a plus
● Bachelor’s degree
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications
● Familiarity with Salesforce, Dropbox, Box, and Wix preferred
● Ability to be a contractor(1099) - Rate based on experience
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter by June 15, 2018. Please write “Global Training and Leadership Coordinator - YOUR NAME” in the subject of the email. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. This is a contract position with hourly rate based on experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org