The Senior Officer, Education, Youth & Sports Division is accountable for the following but not limited to:
Assist in the management of the operational activities of the Division
- Provide support to the Head of Division in the management and planning of activities of the Division and work delegation for staff including effective quality control systems.
- Assist in the fostering of teamwork and collaboration within the Division.
- Conduct first appraisal for Locally Recruited Staff (LRS), and assist in the mapping of professional development activities for individual LRS within the Division.
- Assist the Head of Division in effectively managing resources of the Division, including human, financial, and physical resources.
- Participate in and contribute to Divisional or Directorate management meetings.
Support Head of Division with policy and technical advice and recommendations
- Assist the Head of Division in providing policy and technical support related to the work of the Division such as development and conceptualization of programmes, projects and work plans; coordination with relevant stakeholders; and servicing relevant sectoral bodies and the ASEAN Member States.
- Monitor progress of the work of the Division and the sectors under its purview against sectoral work plans and similar documents including the ASCC Blueprint, and provide reporting inputs to relevant ASEAN divisions/bodies/sectors as well as other non-ASEAN stakeholders,
- Provide technical and resource expertise and participate in official visits organised by ASEAN and/or its Dialogue Partners either as part of the ASEAN Secretariat/ ASCC Department or as part of a sectoral delegation.
Facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes and/or projects in support of the ASCC, particularly in Education, Youth and Sports affairs.
- Facilitate development, review and consultation on programmes and projects and manage project approvals, implementation and reporting.
- Coordinate with international organisations and donors where necessary, for programmes and/or projects funded by external parties.
- Assist with implementation of programmes and projects by providing technical support and expertise (for example as technical resource person and/or facilitator for trainings and workshops).
Servicing the relevant bodies of the ASEAN Socio Cultural Community
- Ensure that ASEAN Bodies are provided with appropriate substantive technical and administrative support as required.
- Serve as the focal point and effectively engage with ASEAN Member States, Dialogue Partners and other stakeholders, drawing on input from other Divisions as necessary.
- Draft and develop reports and other management information for the Secretary General, Deputy Secretaries General, Directorate heads and other senior managers as required.
- Represent the ASEAN Secretariat at ASEAN and international forums and activities as required.
- Advanced degree with minimum three (3) years experience or Bachelors degree with five (5) years experience in Education, Social Science, or other appropriate and relevant disciplines related to the areas of work of this Division.
- Extensive supervisory and experience in area of expertise.
- Specialisation and experience in teaching and/or curriculum development and training in higher education and/or technical vocational education and training is an advantage.
- Proven experience in public policy development and working closely with governments and international organisations.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, problem solving, planning and development of policies and procedures.
- A sound understanding of international and regional issues, and knowledge of and commitment to ASEAN ideals.
- Demonstrated ability to work and motivate staff in a complex work environment; and work effectively with people at all levels of an organisation.
- High-level interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including experience in crosscultural environment and international settings.
- Commitment to teamwork and collaborative work practices.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position.
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Ability to travel.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org