Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
- Maintain and develop partnership network with relevant governmental departments, research institutes, consultants, companies, other NGOs, and other international organizations on responsible trade and investment.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate between the Policy program and relevant CI programs/offices to sustain a cooperative relationship.
- Lead CI engagement process with key political platforms, including but not limited to organize high level events with network participation and proactive promotion of CI policies and programs through such platform; lead cross cutting policy advocacy and research work on responsible trade and investment; managing all the respective projects and activities.
- Prepare required policy, technical and briefing papers (for Responsible Trade and Investment or key platforms) for CI China and CI Global with relevant team members and program partners. Keeps abreast of trends and developments in the area of Responsible Trade and Investment and key policy platforms.
- Developing and maintaining constructive working relationship with partners, donors, other NGOs, media, agencies, etc.
- Support other tasks assigned by CI-China’s Executive Director as part of the senior management team and bring a positive working environment to encourage team-building and constructive behavior in CI-China.
- Typical office environment.
- This position is based in Beijing.
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.
- At least eight years of working experience with personal involvement in policy-making, policy research or policy influencing, in the fields of economics, trade, foreign direct investment (FDI), transnational companies, international relations or sustainable development.
- Master’s degree or relevant education background in economics, trade, international business, environment science, conservation, development, etc.
- Good knowledge about trade, investment, environment and sustainable development issues and deep understanding of politics within China and how it relates to other regions in the world, for example the impacts of Chinese outwards FDI is having on other parts of the world.
- Good relationship with government agencies, think tanks and ability to build relationship with people from other culture (such as Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific).
- Good communication skills, communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Proactive, innovative and output-oriented personality with good communication skills.
- Good command of English. Excellent English and Chinese in writing, speaking and reading.
- Willingness to update professional knowledge and skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic skills and good team worker.
- Strong project management skills, results orientation.
- Experience of working in an international context and the ability to respect and work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Adheres to CI values.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org