The National Security and International Policy (NSIP) program at American Progress is devoted to generating pragmatic and progressive policy ideas to advance U.S. national security. Our work focuses on several priority research areas, including the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Latin America; defense, liberty, and security; and sustainable security strategy and development. The Managing Director for National Security and International Policy will assist the Vice President in leading a dynamic team to develop an affirmative national security and international policy agenda.
- Assist the Vice President with strategic planning.
- Assist with day-to-day management of the NSIP team, including senior fellows, directors, research staff, and assistants.
- Assist the Vice President and senior fellows in fundraising strategy and managing strong fundraising relationships.
- Assist the Vice President in editorial oversight of NSIP’s written products.
- Oversee NSIP’s budget and general administration.
- Serve as primary liaison to American Progress senior management as well as other CAP and CAPAF teams.
- Represent NSIP to press, policymakers, academics, and other outside stakeholders as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in international relations or a relevant field is preferred.
- At least 8 years of political, government, or nonprofit experience is required.
- Management and leadership experience are required.
- Significant national security expertise is required.
- Demonstrated excellence in research, editing, writing, and analytic ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org