The Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) seeks to hire a highly motivated, well-organized team player who understands how the media works to join a fast-paced team and is familiar with and committed to furthering FDD’s work.
Position responsibilities include:
• Arrange broadcast, print and digital media interview requests from beginning to end.
• Work with FDD’s research team to develop press releases, emails, newsletters, website and social media on issues of concern to FDD based on our research.
• Support the planning and execution of communications strategies and tactical plans.
• Write and edit press releases.
• Compile an online weekly newsletter composed of articles by FDD’s experts.
• Develop media contacts and maintain database.
• Track and analyze media placements.
• Support projects and initiatives of the communications department.
• A B.A. degree in communications, journalism, political science or related fields.
• Interest and background in U.S. foreign policy and current affairs, as it relates to the Middle East is desired
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• An ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Digital communications experience.
• Media relations skills desired.
• High attention to detail and strong organization skills, including timeliness and accuracy.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines and with the news cycle as required.
• Knowledge of HTML helpful but not required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org