We are looking for a Deputy Project Director to lead the US President’s Malaria Initiative’s flagship global malaria service delivery project, Impact Malaria. This newly awarded project is worth over $163 million and will operate in up to 30 malaria affected countries in Africa and Asia, supporting malaria service delivery across public, private and community channels, shaping the future of malaria case management.
The Deputy Project Director will work under the overall direction of the Senior Project Director and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff. The Deputy Project Director will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project deliverables, with a focus on financial, administrative, procurement, and compliance requirements. The deputy director will also support the director in managing subcontractors and will lead on subcontract monitoring to ensure the effective execution of the project. The Deputy Project Director will ensure the project deliverables are delivered on time and within budget, working in partnership with the Senior Technical Advisor who will be responsible for technical program design and quality. The Deputy Project Director will directly supervise the Finance, Contracts, and Operations staff,
- Provide project leadership as a member of the project senior management team;
- Provide sound project management, fiscal and administrative due diligence and the development of organizational and individual capacities to ensure success;
- Manage and supervise the work of subcontractors and lead effective subcontract management over three core subcontractors and several smaller on-call subcontractors;
- Oversee the work planning process, performance management, and strategic communications;
- Oversee the finance team to ensure accurate and timely financial management, including, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting;
- Oversee the contracts manager and ensure the project is contract compliant;
- Oversee the project country operations director and ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and within budget;
- Provide the interface between the IMPACT malaria team and the Administration, finance and COO cones within PSI and help proactively identify and manage bottlenecks;
- Identify and implement changes in administrative and financial policies and procedures that will enhance the cost effectiveness of program implementation;
- Supervise, mentor and motivate staff and build a culture of teamwork and feedback for improved performance;
- Assist the Project Director to arrange technical and administrative support for short-term consultants and contractors, including orientation on Project functions and support;
- Support Project implementation efforts when requested by the Project Director;
- Co-ordinate annual planning meetings.
- Master’s degree;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience managing the large donor-funded programs, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa and/or the Greater Mekong Sub-region;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Experience working on a USAID contract an advantage;
- Professional fluency in English speaking, reading, and writing required. French fluency strongly preferred;
- Previous knowledge and experience of PSI systems an advantage;
- Experience supervising a diverse team of professionals;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing and results orientated environment;
- References will be required.
What would get us excited?
- Experienced manager: You have leadership experience on a USAID project, contract experience, a dynamic personality and a sense of humor.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org