Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
This is a GG-14 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-14 duties for the "Professional" work category are at the "Senior" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-14 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include applying knowledge of military, political international, social, technological, and economic factors influencing foreign space force modernization and operations and extensive of foreign space plans programs, capabilities, limitations, infrastructure, and orders of battle to enable full exploitation of available intelligence information. Excellent knowledge of the concepts of program analysis and synthesis, futures projections analytical methodologies and processes, and current state-of-the-art trends in foreign space systems.
Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas
1. Expert knowledge of intelligence research analysis techniques and possession of analytical abilities, ability to innovate new techniques as dynamic mission requirement change.
2. Knowledge of the full scope of tactical, operational, and strategic employment of NASIC assets in support of space and non-space analysis and operations.
3. Superior knowledge of intelligence oversight, security policies, foreign disclosure, practices and procedures to maintain control of classified material and to ability to independently determine mission areas and intelligence topics appropriate for foreign release; ability to independently evaluate and apply national-level security guidance to future space mission programs.
4. Superior, expert-level skills in gathering facts and using effective, analytical and evaluative methods to accurately assess information and make sound decisions that impact US Government-wide policies and procedures.
5. Superior skills in the use of standard automated office productivity suites; ability to independently evaluate software and programs to determine best use and acquisition of new programs to meet mission needs.
6. Expert ability to communicate orally and in writing with highest technical accuracy to develop and present intelligence reports to highest levels of US Government and foreign partners; must possess highly effective public speaking and technical presentation skills and briefing abilities.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org