CRDF Global is seeking a Senior Program Manager to lead and develop CRDF Global’s border management practice. The position will oversee CRDF Global’s support for the Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) Program at the U.S. Department of State. This program is designed to stem proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and their delivery systems, as well as irresponsible transfers of conventional weapons and explosives, by assisting countries to establish effective strategic trade and border control systems meeting international standards.
The Senior Program Manager (SPM) will serve as team lead for EXBS funded activities and oversee implementation of a portfolio of projects to ensure delivery is consistent with scope, schedule, and budget. This includes supervision of project managers, coordination across internal departments, and managing budgets to ensure financial targets are met. The SPM works closely with the Nuclear Security Practice Area (NSPA) Director, and contributes to building and developing the relationship with the Department of State.
The SPM will have substantial involvement in sustaining current funding levels and expanding the program through innovative approaches to border management. The position will serve as the technical lead for proposal development efforts ensuring high-quality, technically sound submissions that are responsive to funder requirements.
The ideal candidate will have direct experience working on EXBS-funded border security programs in the areas of export controls and strategic trade management, advanced program and project management expertise, and demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and motivate teams. This position requires a bachelor’s or higher level degree in business administration and/or management. Eligible applicants will possess an active secret security clearance.
- Serves as technical lead for border management at CRDF Global; advises leadership and staff on international best practices in preventing the proliferation of WMD materials, technologies, and expertise through the establishment of effective strategic trade and border control systems.
- Supervises planning and execution of projects, manages program-level management tasks including: interfacing with funder(s), program planning, budgeting, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Develops curricula and conducts trainings for international audiences under assigned portfolio
- Meets or exceeds revenue and new business targets for assigned portfolio
- Manages and recruits staff; actively supports professional development of direct reports.
- Represents CRDF Global at external events; makes presentations to educate others about the program
- Represents CRDF Global at domestic and international events, including leading delegations, conducting site visits and attending conferences, meetings, workshops and /or training sessions.
- Supports other programs and staff as required
- 8-10 years’ work experience including project or program management experience in areas such as export controls, strategic trade management, border security, and nonproliferation.
- Strong understanding of strategic trade controls, land and maritime border security operations, frontline border security best practices, regulation of legitimate trade in dual use items, and/or national export control systems, among other related topics.
- Demonstrated track record of winning new work and program growth
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher level degree with a major in Business Administration and/or Management required
- Active secret security clearance required
- 2+ years of supervisory experience required
- Experience working with program budgets and familiarity with U.S. Government regulations
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation methods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to present to internal and external clients
- Strong diplomatic and negotiating skills and good judgment
- Ability to ascertain the nuances of clients and communicate these effectively
- Willing and able to travel domestically or internationally; depending on program area
- U.S. Work Authorization
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.