Under the overall guidance of the Head of the EU Financial Liaison and Regional Resource Management Division at RO Brussels and the direct supervision of the EU Legal Compliance Officer, the incumbent will support the unit in strengthening the legal and contractual compliance of EU funded projects implemented by IOM worldwide.
- Assist in reviewing contracts with the EU institutions and in ensuring compliance with applicable Framework Agreements and IOM internal legal requirements. Coordinate with Legal Department at HQ and field missions when required;
- Assist in reviewing contracts, including with IOM’s implementing partners and contractors, where specific EU compliance conditions must be considered. Liaise with the Legal Department when required;
- Assist in analysing EU related contracts that entail provisions that are not in line with standard templates and/or internal policies, instructions, regulations and rules;
- Assist in preparing training materials on specific EU contracting matters in IOM official languages (English, French);
- Monitor EU websites for updates and new instructions with regards to financing instruments under MFF 2014-2020 and successor financing instruments;
- Assist in drafting internal interpretations of various EU rules and regulations;
- Participate in meetings as required.
- Bachelor degree in Law from an accredited academic institution with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience. Master degree in Law is an advantage.
- Completed High Degree School with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience on EU legal and contractual matters is a requirement;
- Experience in contract review including financial aspects is a distinct advantage;
- Experience in preparing training materials is an advantage;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills;
- Experience in reviewing legal documents and/or papers is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning and contributes to colleagues’ learning;
- Writes and communicates clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience;
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services and proactively develops new ways to resolve problems;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts;
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org