The European federation of renewable energy cooperatives (REScoop.eu) is currently looking for a European project managerto join its team of the European Clean Island Secretariat and to support the further development of its general activities. The Secretariat will be supporting European islands in the energy transition. Through citizen’s engagement and partnership with local authorities, we will develop a network of islands and help them achieve the 2050 objectives of the European Union. Your mission will be to design and execute the communication and dissemination strategy of the Secretariat. You will work on high-level representation events with the European Commission and our partners: Climate Alliance and 3E. You will also be supporting local groups and citizens with capacity building activities.
REScoop.eu is a growing network of 1.500 European energy cooperatives (REScoops) who jointly produce about 1.500 million kWh and represent over 1 million European citizens who are active in the energy transition. As a federation we follow up on relevant policy issues and represent the voice of renewable energy cooperatives towards European policy makers. We support the start-up of new initiatives and provide services to our members. REScoop.eu is currently looking for a European Project Manager to join its team in Antwerp and Brussels (Belgium). English is the main language within our team.
- You are responsible for European projects that receive funding from the European Commission. Your job is to execute project related tasks, monitor their progress, report upon your actions and write future project proposals;
- You support our advocacy work and follow up on European policy issues that might affect the European energy cooperatives. You organise meetings with policy makers and attend policy seminars either as a participant, a panellist and eventually as a speaker. You take part in future ‘community energy coalition’ meetings and keep our members informed about your work;
- In collaboration with the board and your colleagues, you will develop services for European REScoops with the aim to support the expansion of our movement and to enhance the growth of local energy cooperatives. These services include e.g. the circulation of regular news alerts, the organisation of international workshops, the set-up of a financial facilitation service, etc.
- You have at least basic knowledge of the mechanisms of territory decarbonisation and community activation;
- You have a good knowledge of island’s challenges and of their role in European policies;
- You are an outstanding team player who is ready to work in an international context;
- You can handle responsibilities and respect deadlines;
- You are able and willing to precisely account for time use and project related expenses;
- Your English is fluent;
- A working knowledge of Greek and/or Spanish is a strong asset;
- You are diplomatic and experienced with European advocacy, preferably in the field of renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy democracy;
- You have outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written;
- You have good presentation skills and you are not afraid to talk in front of a group;
- You have a Master’s degree (or you can be considered equally by experience);
- You have 5 years of relevant work experience in a comparable position;
- You are willing to travel (25% of your working time).
- A fixed contract for a 2 years period;
- A challenging job in a progressive and dynamic environment;
- An opportunity to make a difference in the European energy system;
- Opportunities to travel throughout Europe and extend your knowledge and network;
- Autonomy to organise your work and flexible working conditions;
- A competitive remuneration package.
Send your application by July 01st, 2018 (23:59 or 11:59-CET) to [email protected].
Your application should include the following items, any application without those will not be considered:
- Curriculum Vitae in English;
- Comprehensive essay in English, explaining your vision on community energy and the role of the transition of islands in the decentralization of the European energy system. Please keep your text under 1.5 pages;
- Please add the contact details of two references, preferably former employers, supervisors or tutors (if applicable).
For enquiries regarding this position, please contact.
+32 493 400 932
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org