PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Statistician is expected to adopt statistical methods and procedures in the analysis and interpretation of a range of socio-economic dimensions, conforming to quality assurance framework in place.
- Employ specialised statistical software to analyse data, identify trends and relationships within the data as well as any factors that could affect results;
- Apply sampling techniques to determine and define cohorts to be surveyed;
- Design surveys and questionnaires to collect data in accordance to an established European Statistics Code of Practice and other required regulatory obligations;
- Prepare data for processing by organising information, checking for inaccuracies, adjusting and weighting the raw data;
- Evaluate sources of information in order to determine any limitations in terms of reliability or usability, while ensuring statistical confidentiality;
- Examine theories, such as those of probability and inference in order to discover mathematical bases for new or improved methods of obtaining and evaluating numerical data;
- Interpret the data, while looking for patterns to help make decisions; advise on findings and recommend strategy;
- Present findings from analyses, in written reports, tables, charts and graphs;
- Attend European and other International working groups and for a, supporting national interest while endorsing European statistical standards.
- Be in possession of an Honours degree from a recognised university with a minimum grade of Second Class or equivalent in a subject relevant to Statistics. Other degrees or professional qualifications recognised by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) and candidates with a numerical background and qualification in quantitative disciplines will also be considered;
- Possess excellent data mining and IT skills, as well as experience in the use of statistical packages;
- Possess a sound knowledge of the design of surveys combined with excellent analytical skills;
- Be able to work independently with least supervision as well as in a team;
- Uphold an appreciation for the importance of statistics;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
The application should include the following items (any application without those will not be considered) and sent to is to be sent to [email protected] .
- a covering letter,
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae in English
- a copy of qualifications
- a recent Certificate of Police Conduct
Only nationals of an EU Member State can be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.