As International Justice Mission (IJM) seeks to protect the poor and rescue victims of violence, we are seeking an analytically-minded, globally aware individual to join our Global Risk department. As a Global Safety and Security Program Analyst, you will be responsible for facilitating the expansion of the Operations Center, assisting with ongoing risk assessments and maintaining IJM’s Duty of Care to its travelers. The Global Safety and Security Program Analyst will also monitor world affairs, write and disseminate reports regarding potential impact to IJM personnel and operations, and assist with the management of ongoing incidents and crises.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Operations Center Manager who is responsible for the oversight of IJM’s Operations Center and its security support to the field.
- Create and manage process to file, collate, track, and analyze incident reports;
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and yearly analysis summaries of incident reporting to be disseminated to IJM leadership;
- Act as a point of contact for IJM’s Operations Center, disseminating threat-related information from security intelligence subscription services;
- Conduct online background checks and investigations of potentially threatening individuals and maintain IJM’s Persons of Interest database; and
- Participate as a back-up Watch Officer responding to incoming calls on IJM’s emergency hotline.
Operations Center Support
- Support development, population, and rollout of Operations Center Case Management System;
- Produce Daily News Brief for dissemination to IJM leadership and/or provide training for the DC Security Intern to produce the same;
- Assist with rollout of IJM’s travel assistance partner, including the coordination and documentation of individual cases;
- Facilitate International Traveler Safety and Security trainings;
- Update and deliver security briefings for personnel traveling on IJM business;
- Track compliance with IJM’s Duty of Care to its employees and business travelers and ensure that they receive required training and briefing prior to travel;
- Monitor IJM business travel via the Travel Tracker and ensure all travel information is up to date;
- Serve as a security approver for travel authorization;
- Provide security briefings and support to new outbound field staff;
- Conduct gap analysis of existing Operations Center procedures;
- Write, update, and digitize Operations Center procedures;
- Collect, file, and ensure IJM staff Isolated Personnel Report forms are up to date;
- Research and test new analytical tools for use in the Operations Center;
- Identify and procure tools and equipment needed in Operations Center;
- Provide support to Mobile Operations Center for large IJM event security as needed;
- Collaborate with Global Technology Solutions and Facilities departments to ensure smooth functioning of Operations Center;
- Produce daily Operations Summary for dissemination to IJM leadership as needed; and
- Assist with other daily Operations Center tasks, as directed by the Operations Center Manager.
Research and Analysis
- Collect and analyze information from online and social media sources related to potential threats against IJM personnel, facilities, and operations;
- Maintain situational awareness of world affairs and the global threat landscape as affected by political developments, warfare, crime, terrorism, and natural disasters.
- Disseminate concise, timely intelligence briefs for IJM leadership, as directed by the Operations Center Manager and/or IJM’s Global Director of Risk Management;
- Produce longer, in-depth analytical pieces related to casework opportunities and potential security threats in areas of IJM casework expansion; and
- Participate in external roundtables, conferences, and meetings in order to network with other security professionals and remain up-to-date on world affairs.
- Assist the Global Director of Risk Management with the annual and multiyear strategic planning and budget planning processes;
- In collaboration with other Vision Elements and Objective Owners, develop and monitor an annual department Work Plan consistent with the broader strategic plan;
- Develop and manage the Global Risk Management budget; and
- Prepare monthly metrics and budget analysis reports as well as narrative reports concerning Global Risk Management initiatives for leadership, board reporting, internal briefings, and external audiences as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Politics, Global Studies, or Economics;
- 3-5 years of research and analysis experience and/or experience in crisis management and response;
- In-depth knowledge of world affairs and history and strong interest in keeping up with security developments around the globe;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Team Sites preferred);
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to work with large quantities of data to determine trends and patterns;
- Exceptional written and oral communication with the ability to produce reports in a concise and timely manner;
- Ability to effectively communicate and brief senior level leadership regarding written reports and threat-related information;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time and prioritize them in consultation with the Operations Center Manager;
- Experience with mining social media for open-source intelligence (OSINT);
- Familiarity with analytical tools such as Google Earth, ArcGIS, and/or Tableau;
- Foreign language experience preferred; and
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships cross-departmentally and to work as part of a team.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org